The 6th CSIR Conference takes place on 5 and 6 October 2017, at the CSIR International Convention Centre in Pretoria, South Africa under the theme ‘Ideas that work for industrial development’.
The aim of the conference is to provide an interactive platform for stakeholders to share their experience and insights on broader issues relating to South Africa’s industrial development, as well as to engage on how stakeholders can collaborate to address the challenges and opportunities of industrial development.
The conference programme features national and international speakers who will discuss topics in their areas of expertise. Topical issues to be discussed include emerging manufacturing technologies, cybersecurity threats to industry, the link between water and industrial development, digitisation to foster industrial development and the development of SMMEs in the bioeconomy sector.
The conference exhibition features CSIR-developed technologies that are benefiting an array of sectors, from mining and energy, to aerospace and defence.
Join us at this event and find out how science, engineering and technology may hold a solution that could benefit your business.
More information on the 6th CSIR Conference
- Interview with the CSIR industrial development group Executive, Dr Rachel Chikwamba - Source: Engineering News
- The Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr Rob Davies, addressed scientists, engineers and researchers from public and private sector at the 6th CSIR Conference that took place on 5 and 6 October 2017 at the CSIR International Convention Centre in Pretoria
- CSIR launches 2nd edition Climate Risk and Vulnerability handbook for Southern Africa during the 6th biennial conference
- CNBC Africa broadcast of the 6th CSIR conference
- Speech by Minister of Science and Technology, Mrs Naledi Pandor, at 6th CSIR Conference gala dinner
- Conference presentations for download:
- Conference videos